ARRANGING YOUR WEDDING
WELCOME TO OUR LADY OF AFRICA MBUYA PARISH
SOME USEFUL INFORMATION ON HOW TO PROCEED.
- Booking your wedding date is done through registration at least 4 months before and you need the following;
- Certificate of Baptism and Confirmation.
- Introductory letter from your Parish Priest if you are not from this Parish.
- Letter of consent to the wedding by the parents of the bride.
- You must attend Marriage Instructions.
- Arrange with the Priest to take Marriage Banns to your Parish. Remember to bring them back before you’re your wedding date.
- On your wedding day, it is good to offer some gifts to the Church in thanksgiving to God. The gifts may include Alter wine, Hosts, Candles, Money, Fruits, food items, cleaning materials, Animals etc.
- A dispensation letter from the Bishop is needed for a Catholic to licitly wed a non Catholic either in the Catholic Church or another Church.
- Those who wed from Protestant churches and are coming for Blessing they pay 200,000Ug. Shs.
- The rehearsals and confession will be either one day or two days before the wedding. It is also the day to be welcomed in Church, for Baptism and confirmation.
- The two witnesses to sign on your certificate should be married in church and receiving Holy Communion.
- It is a tradition in this Church that the Couple after signing the Certificate presents a Bouquet of flowers to Our Lady of Africa, the Mother of Jesus.
- Any Main Celebrant not assigned to this Parish needs permission to officiate. The Parish will provide a priest to officiate at.
- Church Decoration arrangement Julie 0779-886666
- The Parish will assign you one of the choirs in the Parish for the Liturgy. Arrange the liturgy with the Choir leader.
- You are most welcome
- 0414-221777 - Parish
- 0773-230620 – Fr. John