WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS
1. What a friend we have in Jesus, All our sins and grief to bear! What the a privilege to carry, everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.
2. Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere? We should never be discouraged: Take it to the Lord in prayer!
Can we find a friend so faithful? Who will all our sorrows share? Jesus knows our every weakness, Take it to the Lord in prayer!
3. Are we weak and heavy laden? Cumbered with the load of care? Precious Saviour is our refuge, Take it to the Lord in prayer
Do thy friends despise for sake thee? Take it to the Lord in Prayer In his arms he'll take and shield you, You will find solace there.
PRAISE TO THE LORD, THE ALMIGHTY
1. Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation. O my soul, praise him for he is your health and salvation. All ye who hear, now to his altar draw near. Join in profound adoration.
2. Praise to the Lord, let us offer our gifts at his altar. Let not our sins and transgressions now cause us to falter. Christ the High Priest, bids us all join in his feast, victims with him on the altar.
3. Praise to the Lord, Oh, let all that is in us adore him! All that has life and breath, come now in praises before him. Let the Amen sound from his people again, now as we worship before him.
THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD
1. The Lord's my shepherd, I'll not want, He makes me down to lie, In pastures green He leadeth me, (x2) The quiet waters by.
2. My soul he doth restore again And me to walk doth make, Within the paths of righteousness, (x2) E'en for his own name's sake.
3. Yea, though I walk in death's dark vale Yet will I fear non ill. For thou art with me, and thy rod, (x2) And staff me comfort still.
4. My table thou has furnished, In presence of my foes, My head thou dost with oil anoint, (x2) And my cup overflows.
5. Goodness and mercy all my life Shall surely follow me, And in God's house for evermore, My dwelling place shall be
IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL
1. When peace like a river attendeth my way, when sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say: it is well, it is well with my soul.
Ref: It is well, with my soul: it is well, it is well with my soul.
2. Though satan should buffet, tho‘trials should come, let this blest assurance control; That Christ has regarded my helpless estate, and hath shed His own blood for my soul.
3. My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought, my sin not in part but the whole; Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more: praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul.
4. And Lord haste the day when the faith shall be sight, the clouds be roll‘d back as a scroll. The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend, even so: it is well with my soul.
STANDING ON THE PROMISES.
1. Standing on the promises of Christ my King Through eternal ages let his praises ring; Glory in the highest I will shout and sing, Standing on the promises of God.
Ref: Standing x3 On the promises of God my Saviour Standing x 2 I 'm standing on the promises of God.
2. Standing on the promises that cannot fail: When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail; By the living word of God I shall prevail Standing on the promises of God. .
3. Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord Bound to Him eternally by love's strong cord; Overcoming daily with the Spirit's sword, Standing on the promises of God.
4. Standing on he promises that cannot fail; Listening every moment to the Spirit's call Resting in my Saviour my all in all, Standing on the promises of God
ABIDE WITH ME
1. Abide with me, fast falls the eventide; the darkness deepens, Lord, with me abide; When other helpers fail, and comforts flee; help of the helpless, O abide with me.
2. Swift to its close ebbs out life’s little day; earth’s joys grow dim, its glories pass away, Change and decay in all around I see; O Thou who changest not, abide with me.
3. I need thy presence every passing hour, what but thy grace can foil the tempter’s power? Who like thyself my guide and stay can be? Through cloud and sunshine, O abide with me.
4. I fear no foe with thee at hand to bless; ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness.Where is death’s sting? Where, grave, thy victory? I triumph still, if thou abide with me.
5. Hold thou thy cross before my closing eyes, shine through the gloom, and point me to the skies; Heaven’s morning breaks, and earth’s vain shadows flee; in life in death O Lord abide with me
NEARER MY GOD TO THEE
1. Nearer, my God, to Thee, Nearer to Thee E'en though it be a cross, That raises me; Still all my song shall be;
Ref: Nearer, my God, to Thee, Nearer, my God, to Thee, Nearer, to Thee.
2. Though like the wanderer, The sun gone down, Darkness be over me, My rest a stone; Yet in my dreams I'd be Nearer, my God, to Thee….
3. Or if on joyful wing, Cleaving the sky, Sun, moon and stars forgot, Upward I fly; Still all my song shall be; Nearer, my God, to Thee….
TAKE MY LIFE
1. Take my life, and let be it be Consecrated, Lord, to Thee; Take my moments and my days Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
2. Take my hands, and let them move At the impulse of Thy love, Take my feet, and let them be; Swift and purposeful for Thee.
3. Take my voice, and let me sing Always, only, for my King Take my intellect, and use Every power as Thou shalt choose.
4. Take my will, and make it Thine, It shall be no longer mine Take my Heart, it is Thine own; It shall be Thy royal throne.
5. Take my love; my Lord, I pour At Thy feet its treasure-store. Take myself, and I will be Ever, only, all for Thee.
ROCK OF AGES CLEFT FOR ME
1. Rock of ages cleft for me, Let me hide myself in Thee; Let the water and the blood, From thy riven side which flowed, Be of sin the double cure;
Cleanse me from its guilt and power.
2. Not the labours of my hands Can fulfil thy law's demands; Could my zeal no respite know, Could my tears for ever flow, All for sin could not atone,
Thou must save, and Thou alone.
3. Nothing in hand I bring, Simply to thy cross I cling Naked, come to Thee for dress Helpless, look to Thee for grace; Foul, I to the fountain fly; Wash me Saviour, or I die.
4. While I draw this fleeting breath, When my eyelids close in death' When I soar through tracts unknown, See Thee on Thy judgement throne, Rock of ages, cleft for me, Let me hide myself in Thee.
STAND UP STAND UP FOR JESUS
1. Stand up, stand up for Jesus! Ye soldiers of the Cross! Lift up his royal banner, It must not suffer loss. From victory unto victory, His army he shall lead, Till every foe is vanquished, And Christ is Lord indeed.
2. Stand up, stand up for Jesus! Stand in his strength alone, The arm of flesh will fail you, Ye dare not trust your own. Put on your gospel armour, Each piece put on with prayer, When duty calls or danger, Be never wanting there.
3. Stand up, stand up for Jesus! The strife will not be long This day the noise of battle The next the victors song. To him that overcometh; A crown of life shall be,
He with the King of glory, Shall reign eternally
4. Stand up, stand up for Jesus! The trumpet call obey, Forth to the mighty conflict, In this his Glorious day. Yet that are men now serve him Against unnumbered foes; Let courage rise with danger, And strength to strength oppose.
5. Stand up, stand up for Jesus! The solemn watchword hear, If while ye sleep he suffers, Away with shame and fear. Where ever ye meet with evil, Within you or without, Charge for the God of battles, And put the foe to rout.
GOD BE WITH YOU
1. God be with you till we meet again, May His consels guide, uphold you, With His sHeep securely fold you; God be with you till we meet again.
2. God be with you till we meet again, Neath His wings protection hide you, Daily manna still provide you; God be with you till we meet again.
3. God be with you till we meet again, When life's perils thick confound you, Put His arms unfailing round you; God be with you till we meet again,
4. God be with you till we meet again, Keep love's banner floating o'er you, Smite death's threatening wave before you; God be with you till we meet again.
1. Amazing grace! how sweet the sound That saved a wretch like me; I once was lost, but now am found, Was blind, but now I see. .
2. 'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear And grace my fears relieved; How precious did that grace appear, The hour I first believed!
3. Through many dangers, toils and snares I have already come: 'Tis grace that brought me safe thus far, And grace will lead me home.
4. The Lord has promised good to me. His word my hope secures; He will my shield and portion be As long as life endures
5. Yes, when this heart and flesh shall fail, And mortal life shall cease, I shall posses within the veil A life of joy and peace.