Our lady of Africa Mbuya Parish under Kampala Archdiocese started St. Kizito Primary School in 1987. They chose Kizito to be the Patron Saint of the school so that the young girls and boys who go through the system may emulate his example.
The school is registered as per the Education Act 1970 section 25(A) Reg. NO.PPA/S.23 with the Ministry of Education and Sports.
The school started with a pupil population of 150 children and 5 teachers but it has grown gradually. Currently, there are 1000 pupils, 49 teachers, 8 technical staff and 17 support staff.
The school is located in the outskirts of Kampala along port Bell Road heading to Luzira.
“To provide quality, integrated Education”.
This mission aims at moulding a child into what a child should be in future after school. We hope to develop the whole person; spiritually, psychologically, socially and academically.
St. Kizito Primary School Bugolobi aims at achieving the following objectives: To,
- Integrate and develop what the children have already received from the parents.
- Uphold and maintain the teaching of the church, through catering for all aspects of the child; mental, physical, moral, spiritual and emotional.
- Instill a high sense of discipline in the child.
- Provide for the upgrading of teachers and spiritual motivation and commitment.
- Instill in the staff a high sense of professionalism, moral and dedication to duty by catering adequately to their welfare.
Our School Motto:
“Study and Pray”
The school offers subjects put in place by the Ministry of Education and Sports. These include classroom and outside activities. Over the years, the school has continued to excel as follows:
From 1993 when the school had her pioneer candidates to 2012, the school has been having the majority of her candidates pass in Division One and the rest in Division Two.
Extra Curriculum Activities:
These aim at developing children’s talents outside classroom environment .They include;
- Music, Dance and Drama
- Art and crafts
- Physical Education
At St. Kizito Primary school, we have the following activities:
- A priest comes to celebrate Mass once a week.
- We hold a Music, Dance and Drama every other year; where the children show their talents in singing, dancing and acting.
- We also hold a Sports Day every other year where the children show their talents in Sports.
- We also have a Visitation Day every term as an activity in the school where the children’s performance is displayed. So parents come to interact with teachers and the pupils.This helps to improve on the child’s performance and discipline.
- The children also do charity work in and around the school.
Being Catholic oriented, we offer Catechism classes to children within our school and those within Mbuya Parish but do not study from this school; every Saturday during school time and every day (Monday to Friday) from 8:30a.m. to 12:00 noon during holidays. This helps in up-bringing of morals, Catholic norms and doctrines.
Our aim in St. Kizito Primary Bugolobi is to bring up a whole child. Therefore, we also have Clubs and Movements.
These aim at spiritual and emotional being and they include:
- Legion of Mary
- Holy Childhood
These aim at physical, mental and social being of a child and they include:
- Music Dance and Drama
- Art and craft
- Debating Clubs
- Scouting/Girl Guides
The school has three Classroom blocks:
- Block 1: - Maria Angela - This block has the Infant Section (Primary One and Primary Two)
- Block 2: - Augustine - Has the middle Section (Primary Three, four and five )
- Block 3: - Comboni - Has the upper Section, Primary Six, Seven and Administration offices)
There are also other blocks for staff residential houses.
School Management Committee
The school has a full School Management Committee since inception. There is a full P.T.A Executive Committee in place.
The school made 25 years last year (2012) and we have managed to buy a school Van this year to foster the smooth running of the school activities.
ST. KIZITO PRIMARY SCHOOL BUGOLOBI
P.O.BOX 6562 Kampala.